Hi, I hope you are well :)
We are in unprecedented times, where the stress of the situation we find ourselves and the world in, can be overwhelming. Stress is a very powerful thing and it can produce very negative responses, physically and mentally, but it can also cause our emotional response to be very uncharacteristic.
I have always been a believer in things always happen for a reason, in particular the big and ugly stuff. I also believe that there is always a silver lining.
Things are currently not in our control and we do not know what will happen next. This can be incredibly hard for someone, like myself - a planner and strategist to the core, to deal with, but we must let go. We must try our hardest to see the good things we can take for the cards we have been dealt.
For me I am spending quality time with my daughter, time in the garden, crafting, cooking, cleaning, LOL, and I am connecting with friends that have been geographically distant for years, but now we are all on the same playing field.
What we are experiencing will be etched in history. Our children and their children will look back at this poignant point in history.
So to stifle the stress of the unknown, and the boredom, look to embrace all wonderful things being offered up virtually, we can now actually experience more than we thought we ever could, from the comfort of our own home.
Enjoy, and #FindTheJoy
- Museums from around the world - Virtual, online tours
- Access to 500 Museums & Art Galleries - Free, online
Google Arts & Culture teamed up with over 2500 museums and galleries around the world to bring anyone and everyone virtual tours and online exhibits of some of the most famous museums around the world...
Google Arts & Culture’s collection includes the British Museum in London, the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam, the Guggenheim in New York City, and literally hundreds of more places where you can gain knowledge about art, history, and science. This collection is especially good for students who are looking for ways to stay on top of their studies while schools are closed.
Future Learn - Explore the architecture and history of Rome, walking around a 3D digital model of the ancient city, with this free online course.
- Marine Life – see the live stream of the marine life from the Georgia aquarium
- Edinburgh Zoo - Live streams: Panda Cam / Tiger Cam / Penguin Cam / Rock Hopper Penguin Cam / Koala Cam
- Chester Zoo - Virtual tours - Via Facebook
*Check the location/time zones of live-streamed concerts to calculate the AUS start time. Time Zone calculator
- Pub Choir - now Couch Choir - get involved and sing it out loud!
- Rotterdam Philharmonic musicians team up online to play Beethoven's 9th
- List of live streaming concerts - various concerts held without audiences
- Bands and artists - streaming performances
- Celebrities performing on social media
- Facebook Virtual Choir - Duet with a choir online
- Chris Martin (Coldplay) streaming from his home - YouTube
Health & Wellness
- Socially - preventing the effects of social isolation and remote work through awesome virtual events
- The Kindness Pandemic - Facebook group sharing acts of kindness
- Jamie Oliver - easy recipes, cooking tips, and ingenious hacks whilst many of us are staying at home.
- Yoga With Adriene - FREE yoga. I have been practising the 30 days of yoga, SO wonderful
- Free, daily meditation sessions online - mindfulness and concentration to cultivate a much deeper sense of focus and attention
- Learning @ Home - Queensland Government resources
- Open Culture - 1,500 free courses from top Universities
- 450 Ivy League courses - you can take online FREE!
- Open Culture - learn 48 different languages online - FREE
- Open Learn - Free, online courses, Open university
- Creative courses - Free online study
- Cambridge University Press - ALL 700 textbooks are currently available FREE in HTML format
- Royal institute - Christmas lectures. A series of lectures presenting scientific subjects to a general audience in an entertaining manner.
- iDEA - An international programme that helps you develop/demonstrate your digital, enterprise and employability skills for free
- T.K.S.S.T - Smart videos for curious minds of all ages
Geography, Nature & History
- NASA's complete media library - now available online
- Project Noah – Global site where you can view and share wildlife
- DC Environmental Film Festival - explore their collection of festival films
- Kent Wildlife association - Simple ideas you can do in the garden to help wildlife
- Wild Science - Wild Science (Zoology) Podcast
- Expeditions App- Free virtual Reality Augmentation app for all ages, to take virtual trips around the world to hundreds of destinations.
Learn a new skill or develop a current one!
I will continue to update this list.
Stay strong, Mel xx
The original source of this list is from Chatter Pack